|High surface area membrane filtration
||Low flux rate promotes cake filtration and slows membrane occlusion
|High design treatment flow rate per cartridge (up to 80 gpm (5 L/s))
||Compact system with a small footprint, lower construction cost
|Low driving head (typically 18 inches or less (457 mm))
||Design Flexibility, lower construction cost
|Lightweight cartridges with passive backwash
||Easy maintenance and low life-cycle cost
Jellyfish Filter Certifications and Verifications
The Jellyfish Filter is approved through numerous state and federal programs, including:
- New Jersey Corporation for Advanced Technology (NJCAT) and Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP) – Field Performance per TARP Tier II Protocol
- Washington State Department of Ecology (TAPE – CULD)
- Maryland Department of the Environment (MD DOE)
- Canada ISO 14034 Environmental Management - Environmental Technology Verification (ETV)
- Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ)
- Virginia Department of Environmental Quality (VA DEQ)
Jellyfish Filter Configurations
The Jellyfish Filter can be can be configured in a variety of systems; manhole, catch basin, vault, fiberglass tank, or custom configuration. Typically, 18 inches (457 mm) of driving head is designed into the system. For low drop sites, the designed driving head can be less.
Jellyfish Filter Applications
- Commercial and residential development, infill and redevelopment and stormwater quality retrofit applications
- Highways, airports, seaports and military installations
- Pretreatment for Low Impact Development, infiltration, and rainwater harvesting and reuse systems
Jellyfish Filter Maintenance
- Jellyfish Filter cartridges are light weight, easy to use and reusable
- Maintenance of the filter cartridges is performed by removing, rinsing and reusing the cartridge tentacles.
- Vacuum extraction of captured pollutants in the sump is recommended at the same time.
- Full cartridge replacement intervals differ by site due to varying pollutant loading and type, and maintenance frequency. Replacement is anticipated every 2-5 years.
- Contech has created a network of Certified Maintenance Providers to provide maintenance on stormwater BMP’s.