Vortechs is a below-ground, engineered stormwater treatment device
that combines swirl concentration and flow controls into a single
treatment unit. Vortechs is ideal for capturing and retaining trash,
debris, sediment, and hydrocarbons from stormwater runoff. The Vortechs
system’s large swirl concentrator and flow controls work together to
create a low energy environment, ideal for capturing and retaining
particles down to 50 microns.
How Vortechs Treats Stormwater
- Untreated stormwater enters the Vortechs swirl chamber through an inlet pipe.
- The swirling motion of the water within the chamber promotes
gravitational separation of solids which settle on the chamber floor.
- Stormwater exits the swirl chamber, where a baffle wall traps floatables and hydrocarbons.
- Stormwater flows under the baffle wall into the flow control chamber which contains separate flow controls for peaks and low-intensity flows that are designed specific to project requirements.
- Treated stormwater flows to the outlet chamber and exits via the outlet pipe.