The Debris Separating Baffle Box (DSBB) - An Advanced Stormwater Treatment Solution
The DSBB combines gravity separation and non-blocking screen technology to capture trash, sediment, and hydrocarbons from stormwater.
The DSBB captures and retains 100% of trash and debris equal to or greater than 5 mm in diameter and meets the California Regional Water Quality Control Board Full Capture Certification Requirements. Floating trash and debris are stored above the static water level where it can dry out between storms and can be easily removed during maintenance events.
With internal high-flow bypass, shallow vault design, and multiple sizes, it is the ideal product for sites with groundwater, utility, or bedrock constraints.
How the DSBB Separator Works
- As runoff enters the vault, the splitter screen directs flows to the filtration screens and provides additional screen flow capacity.
- The filtration screens collect and store trash, debris, organics, and oxygen demanding substances above standing water.
- The turbulence deflectors located below the screens prevent the resuspension of captured pollutants.
- Sediment is collected in the sediment chambers, maximizing TSS removal and eliminating scouring during extreme flow rates.
- The skimmer and boom collect hydrocarbons and control flow velocity which improves removal efficiency.