- PhosphoSorb® - A lightweight media built from a Perlite base that removes total phosphorus (TP) by adsorbing dissolved-P and filtering particulate-P simultaneously.
- Perlite - Expanded volcanic rock. Its porous, multi-cellular structure and rough edges make it effective for removing TSS, oil, and grease.
- CSF® Leaf Media - A granular organic media created from deciduous leaves, CSF is most effective for removing soluble metals, TSS, oil, and neutralizing acid rain.
- Zeolite - A naturally occurring mineral used in a variety of water filtration applications, is used to remove soluble metals, ammonium, and some organics.
- Granular Activated Carbon - A micro-porous structure with an extensive surface area to provide high levels of adsorption. It is primarily used to remove oil and grease and organics such as herbicides and pesticides.
- ZPG™ - A proprietary blend of zeolite, perlite, and GAC to improve the performance of perlite and target organics, soluble metals, and other pollutants.
Flexibility to reduce size and costs...
Every site is different, and one size does not fit all. Multiple cartridge heights
give you design flexibility to design the StormFilter specifically for your site
and reduce the cost of the system for the owner.
- 27” cartridge – Capitalizing on sites with at least 3.05 feet of available
driving head, media surface area is maximized to allow the greatest
treatment rate per cartridge; best for sites with footprint constraints
- 18” cartridge - The original StormFilter cartridge size provides a middle
ground and operates with 2.3 feet of driving head
- Low Drop – Provides filtration treatment with only 1.8 feet of headloss;
best for sites with limited by hydraulic constraints
Flexibility to accommodate flows, project footprints,
and hydraulics ...
The structures that house the filter cartridges can be constructed
in a variety of ways to accommodate a wide range of flows, project
footprints, and variable hydraulic conditions. Standard configurations
include catch basin, manhole, vault, curb inlet, and linear grate.
- The Peak Diversion StomFilter provides treatment and high
flow bypass in one precast vault, eliminating the need for an
external bypass or junction structures.
- The Volume StormFilter is designed to meet volume-based
treatment regulations and can be combined with upstream
storage to treat and drawdown the water quality volume within
the required drain down time.
- The Cast-in-Place StormFilter structures allow the highest
degree of flexibility and are available for installations within
buildings or other areas where precast structures cannot be
accommodated. On-site Contractor assistance is provided to
ensure the finished product meets Contech’s standards for fit
Select StormFilter Approvals
- Washington State Department of Ecology (TAPE) GULD – Basic, Phosphorus
- New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJ DEP)
- North Carolina Department of Environmental Quality (NC DEQ)
- Maryland Department of the Environment (MD DOE)
- Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ)
- Virginia Department of Environmental Quality (VA DEQ)
- Maine Department of Environmental Protection (ME DEP)
- St. Louis Metropolitan Sewer District
Every manufactured filtration device will eventually need routine
maintenance. The question is how often and how much it will
cost. Proper evaluation of long-term maintenance costs should
be a consideration when selecting a manufactured treatment
device. The StormFilter has been optimized to reduce long-term
maintenance costs with proven, repeatable performance in the
laboratory and in the field.
- Reduce Life Cycle Costs - StormFilter has been designed for
predictable maintenance intervals ranging from 1 to 5 years,
resulting in fewer maintenance events and reduced life-cycle
costs compared to other filtration devices.
- Easy to maintain - All StormFilter structures provide access for
inspection, media replacement, and washing of the structure.
Visual indicators for maintenance are observable from the
- Cartridge replacement program provides refurbished
cartridges that are shipped to your site ready to install. Contech
arranges for empty cartridges to be picked up and shipped
back, reducing cartridge costs and environmental impact.
- Maintenance support - Contech has created a network
Certified Maintenance Providers to provide StormFilter maintenance at the lowest possible cost.