The VortClarex system is an oil/water separator that utilizes
coalescing media to efficiently remove freely dispersed oil and other
liquid pollutants from urban runoff and industrial discharges. It
specifically targets oil and grease.
The VortClarex is specifically designed for those sites where removal of
oil and grease is the greatest concern and where oil and grease
effluent targets are specified.
The VortClarex builds on the conventional oil water separator design by
using a highly efficient coalescing media to maximize the surface area
and optimize the treatment volume available for oil/ water separation.
In most cases the system will be installed belowground to treat
stormwater runoff; however treating oily water from floor drains and
vehicle wash down pads will also be possible with the VortClarex. In
addition to below ground applications, the VortClarex can also be used
to treat process and pumped flow applications in an aboveground
What you get with the VortClarex Oil/Water Separator:
- Polypropylene coalescing media
- Removes up to 99% of free oil droplets down to 60 microns (standard design)
- Releases TPH effluent with a quality of 10 mg/L or less.
- Non-turbulent flow through the system
- Maximizes efficiency by increasing rise rate and size of droplets
- Precast concrete structure housing
- Ensures durability
- Meets HS-20 loading requirements
- Provides for a shallow installation
- Belowground system
- Meets Spill Prevention, Control and Counter Measure (SPCC) requirements
- Standard and custom models available
- Quick turnaround on sizing and engineering estimates, quotations and manufacturing