There are over 10,000 CON/SPAN installations since 1983. CON/SPAN Bridge Systems have been used by more state DOTs than any other system.
With a history of innovation and experience, Contech has taken precast culverts to the next level with the CON/SPAN® i-Series. Integration of the i-Series invert technology promotes sedimentation of natural streambed material. This creates a natural bottom, open to the hyporheic zone below. The engineered bottom enhances the stream biology and ecology as well as provides areas of low velocity to allow for fish passage through the culvert. Spans range from 12’ to 24’.
Benefits of the CON/SPAN i-Series System:
- The i-Series® allows design engineers to HARMONIZE the biological interests of the fish with the hydraulic requirements of a culvert installation.
- Stream-simulated Culvert Design – Meets expected outcomes of a successful stream-simulated culvert design, including flood conveyance, fish passage, profile continuity, hydraulic diversity, sediment transport continuity, low flow continuity, margin habitat, debris transport, connectivity to the subgrade (hyporheic zone). See chart below for comparison to traditional culverts.
- Modular Culvert System - Rapid installation results in reduced overall project costs, delays and detours.
- Designed “Site Specific” - Meets your site needs in full compliance with AASHTO design standards for highway use.
- PROVEN Design Methodology – extensive testing performed at Colorado State University