The Magellan Advantage
Magellan’s utilization of steel reinforced polyethylene (SRPE) technology and all-plastic internal components allows for a packaged design that provides fast “plug-and-play” installation, along with simple, low-cost operation and maintenance. In addition, Contech provides engineering, installation, commissioning, operator training and system certification services, making it a truly cost-effective solution. The Magellan system uses proven primary, secondary, and tertiary treatment processes to treat various wastewater influent levels. The system is offered in numerous configurations, including single vessel, multiple trai, and containerized. Magellan also qualifies for LEED credits and can be buried to provide improved aesthetics.
- More Durable
- All plastic components
- No moving parts
- Pressure rated resin
- 75 year design life
- More Efficient
- Faster fabrication rates
- Lightweight tanks = smaller install equipment
- Rapid on-site assembly
- A true “plug and play” system
- More Sustainable
- Low energy consumption
- Low operating and maintenance costs
- Buried for improved aesthetics
- LEED credits
Treatment System Configurations
The Magellan system uses a proven process to treat wastewater influent levels from clustered residential, to light industrial, to small municipal flows, and includes the following:
- Activated sludge/extended aeration (AS/EA)
- Moving bed biofilm reactor (MBBR)
- Sequencing batch reactor (SBR)
- Membrane bioreactor (MBR)
- Variations of other typical conventional processes
- Denitrification/nutrient removal
- Tertiary treatment (membrane/UV filtration or chorine disinfection)
- Reuse and reclamation systems
Ease of Transportation & Installation
- Magellan is lightweight, promoting easy on site installation
- Lightweight systems are more cost effective to transport
- No specialized installation equipment required
Ease of Operation & Maintenance
- SRPE plastic eliminates concerns related to tank maintenance
- Simplified designs promote easier operation and lower operating costs
- Life cycles are two and three times longer than comparable steel, concrete and fiberglass systems resulting in substantially lower life cycle costs
Magellan Support Services
With an experienced engineering team, Contech can help you size and design a Magellan system, providing a fast turnaround on even the most challenging projects. We even provide operation and maintenance training and get your system certified.
Contech is partnered with the industry’s premier component providers to deliver a turnkey, plug-and-play decentralized wastewater treatment plant. Our partners include:
Magellan is the ideal wastewater solution for rural locations and clustered subdivisions. The small footprint of the Magellan system improves aesthetics, maximizes lot counts and improves property values. Better still, the Magellan system minimizes transportation, installation and maintenance costs.
Commercial / Municipal
The Magellan wastewater treatment system provides opportunities for commercial development in areas where a public sewer does not exist. Commercial and municipal facilities including service stations, hotels, shopping centers, office parks, schools and restaurants can now be developed in all areas where demand exists.
Agricultural & Industrial
Magellan is the perfect solution for agricultural and industrial sites that want to comply with local, state or federal regulations and avoid wastewater surcharge fees. And with options like direct burial or above ground placement, the Magellan system can be placed on almost any site.
Magellan is a turnkey system that offers mobility and speedy installation. The entire Magellan system can be containerized and shipped anywhere in the world, including military, mining and remote or temporary locations.