Filtration and Biological Treatment in One System
Where stormwater runoff mitigation goals can’t be met through infiltration and rainwater harvesting, biofiltration can provide a high level of treatment and partial reduction of runoff volume. The UrbanGreen BioFilter is a compact, versatile and reliable alternative to conventional designs.
The UrbanGreen BioFilter soil media is optimized for pollutant removal, hydraulic conductivity and biological vitality. Pollutants are primarily removed by filtration during a storm event and are transformed, assimilated and/or absorbed between runoff events by the soil and plant community. The UrbanGreen BioFilter may also include one or more StormFilter cartridges which provide reliable pollutant removal for the portion of the design storm that exceeds the capacity of the biofilter bay.
What you get with the UrbanGreen BioFilter:
- Two well-known and accepted practices in one system – Bioretention and media filtration
- Proven removal capability – Lab results show >95% solids removal (mean particle size 25 um)
- Full-scale hydraulic testing – No scour observed at flows up to 2 cfs, with higher capacity available
- Internal bypass – Eliminates cost of an external bypass and enables the system to be placed anywhere on a site whether the location is a low point or not
- Easy installation – Delivered on-site with all internal components installed, ready to lift and place
- Multiple sizes available – Meet site-specific needs
- Aesthetic landscape solutions – Variety of plants and trees to choose from