The open-bottom plastic chamber allows infiltration into surrounding soil, effectively achieving runoff reduction objectives often required by an LID design. By utilizing subsurface infiltration, space is preserved for development, runoff is reduced or eliminated and groundwater recharge can occur.
The ChamberMaxx is ideal when you need to maximize storage capacity in a shallow footprint. Best practice designs for subsurface infiltration include pretreatment to reduce cost and frequency of maintenance while ensuring the infiltration capacity of the facility. CONTECH has multiple options for pretreatment.
ChamberMaxx can help you make bioretention practical for sites with marginal soils by adding 5.4 cf of storage per chamber. Reduce the footprint and reduce the depth of the bioretention cells by installing ChamberMaxx beneath.
ChamberMaxx is most effective on sites where the depth from finished grade to storm sewer outlet is less than 54-inches (1.37-meters).
Here's why ChamberMaxx provides a superior infiltration solution:
Maximum Volume in Small Footprint
- Low profile shape (30” rise) - Economical for shallow applications
- 49 ft3 (1.39 m3) of storage per chamber - 6% more storage volume than similar products, so smaller footprint and fewer chambers
Strong and Durable
- Manufactured per ASTM F 2418-05
- Injection molded using structurally efficient and corrosive resistant polypropylene resin
- Support traffic loading for installation under parking lots and roadway
- Innovative subcorrugations – Greater strength with a resin efficient design
- Qualifies for LEED® credits for stormwater quality and quantity control
Multiple Stormwater Quality / Treatment Options
- Combine water quality and quantity to reduce maintenance costs and extend the performance life of the overall system
- Pretreatment systems – including CDS, Vortechs and VortSentry HS – provide the highest level of performance at lowest installed cost
- Optional ChamberMaxx Containment Row also available
- Lightweight - Installed by hand without need for heavy equipment
- Innovative sub-corrugations with lower weight / ft3 of storage - Less polypropylene plastic required to manufacture resulting a more economical product
- Locally available direct from CONTECH - Short lead time with local installation support