CONTECH Bin-Walls are a system of adjoining closed faced bins that are each 10-feet wide. They are composed of sturdy, lightweight steel members that are easily bolted together at the job site. Backfilled with reasonable care, they transform the soil mass into an economical gravity-type retaining wall. Because this unique design allows the Bin-Walls to flex against minor, unforeseen ground movements that might damage or destroy rigid-type walls, they have been recognized worldwide for over 60 years as economical and effective retaining walls.
Bin-Walls are easy to install in difficult or restrictive conditions, have a lower initial cost and reduce maintenance expenses. They also have greater strength and stability, are installed without expensive equipment and can be rapidly assembled with unskilled crews.
CONTECH Bin-Walls are primarily used to:
- Gain right-of-way on highway and railroad projects by either supporting part of the road or holding back an encroaching slope
- Create usable, flat areas on municipal, industrial, and commercial sites that otherwise would be wasted slopes
- Protect against shore or bank erosion
- Build breakwaters to protect dock areas from wave action
- Enlarge grade-separated highway or railway rights-of-way
- Prevent erosion under bridge abutments
- Provide wingwalls on bridge abutments
- Create blast walls for protection at military and industrial sites