Eighty (80) ksi steel reinforcing (SR) provides the strength; pressure rated polyethylene (PE) resin provides the durability. The combination of materials results in an extraordinarily strong and durable pipe that sets a new industry standard. DuroMaxx is designed with a smooth inner wall for outstanding hydraulic capacity and provides the properties you can count on for long-term service and performance in the most demanding environments.
DuroMaxx provides the light weight, low-cost structural advantages of traditional HDPE with none of the disadvantages. With a smooth inner wall for outstanding hydraulic capacity, DuroMaxx provides the necessary properties for long term service and performance in the most demanding of environments. Available in diameters ranging from 30 to 120 inches and manufactured in standard lengths of 14 or 22 feet with both bell and spigot and ElectroFusion joints, DuroMaxx is engineered for service and long life and can be used in many applications such as stormwater, irrigation, sanitary, wastewater or drainage. DuroMaxx also has fewer joints to assemble on site, resulting in faster installation rates for the contractor.
DuroMaxx has the potential to contribute to a variety of LEED credits in the categories for sustainable sites, water efficiency and landscaping and materials and resources. DuroMaxx consumes 35% less of the natural resources required to produce AASHTO M294 pipe. The steel reinforcing ribs in the profile wall that provide the structural integrity for the pipe are made out of steel with recycled content levels ranging from 55-80%.
Benefits of DuroMaxx:
- HDPE with steel-reinforced ribs provides incredible strength and durability
- Steel reinforced profile will not creep or buckle and eliminates concerns of typical profile wall HDPE
- Twice as stiff as non-steel reinforced HDPE pipe on a hot, sunny day
- High-performance pressure-rated resin provides predictable engineering properties including crack resistance, tensile strength and modulus of elasticity
- Joint tightness available for all applications - 15 psi high profile (HP), 3 psi low head (LH), ElectroFusion (EF); and soil tight (ST) joints available
- Smooth polyethylene waterway wall with Manning’s “n” value from 0.011 – 0.013 provides high flow rates at optimal savings
- Lightweight - easily handled and quickly installed, often without the use heavy construction equipment
- Smaller outside diameter than conventional pipe, which means less trench excavation