With tensile strength that exceeds the AASHTO M288 standard for geotextile stabilization, HPTRMs offer more than 10 times the strength of standard TRMs—enough to tame even the steepest slope and most aggressive stormwater channel applications.
Featuring our patented woven technology, our HPTRMs are composed of a unique three-dimensional matrix of polypropylene yarns that are designed in a uniform, dimensionally stable and homogenous configuration of pyramid-like structures. They feature or patented X3 fiber technology specially created to lock soil in place. HPTRMs exhibit extremely high tensile strength as well as superior interlock and reinforcement capacity with both soil and root systems. They stand up to the toughest erosion applications where high loading and/or high survivability conditions are required. Our superior characteristics provide a longer design life than our first and second generation standard TRMs, and meet the definition of HPTRM as defined by the US EPA.
Features and benefits:
- Provides long-term, non-degradable stability
- Excellent for sandy soils, UV-exposed sites, utility cuts, and areas with maintenance equipment and other large vehicles.
- Patented 3-D woven geotextile construction for durability, dimensional stability, and functional longevity
- Uniquely designed for severe applications that require outstanding strength and superior vegetation growth
- Meets the definition of HPTRM as defined in the U.S. EPA Storm Water Fact Sheet, ”Turf Reinforcement Mats,” and FHWA FP-03 Specifications, Section 713.18